Fall 2023 Premier Tryouts - July 29th, 2023
Location: Player Development Center (3200 Meadow Park Dr., Bedford, TX).
7U 8:00am – 9:00am
8U 8:30am – 9:30am
9U 9:00am – 10:00am
10U 9:30am – 10:30am
11U 10:00am – 11:00am
*Please arrive 30 minutes early to check in and warm up.
NEW THIS FALL: We are adding the 11U age group to Premier in the Fall. Flower Mound, Trophy Club, and Grapevine are also participating in adding this new age group to Premier. This will give boys an opportunity to continue with Premier for another year and provides boys that may have missed the cut the prior year an opportunity to play in this advanced recreational league as other boys move to select. All participating city associations are piloting this new age group this Fall, hoping it continues in future seasons.
Fall Season Dates: September 9th through October 28th, 2023
Premier and Interlock schedules can be found on the DFW Interlock Website: Go here!
What is Premier?
The goal of Colleyville Baseball Association (CBA) has always been to provide a premium venue for all baseball players in the Colleyville, Grapevine and Mid-Cities area. CBA has done so throughout the years by providing the best recreational and select venues available at as many age groups as is reasonably possible. The CBA Board created the 6U, 7U, 8U, 9U and 10U premier leagues for three reasons:
- There are sufficient numbers of players in the combined age groups allowing for two separate and distinct leagues;
- CBA members have petitioned CBA Board to consider creating an elevated play league
- CBA believes splitting the leagues will create better playing opportunities for developmental players in these age groups as well as establishing a more skilled league that retains the best talent in Colleyville going forward.
Parent / Player Expectations:
Balanced play in our recreational leagues is the most desired situation. With the new system of the premier division and the rec division, the most skilled players will play in premier, with rec being focused on talent development. So, parents can expect one league to be more focused on competition, while the other will be more focused on skill development and learning. CBA believes that creating a league focused on talent development and learning is critical at these ages and is important for our players who are just becoming familiar with the game.
The premier league is an elevated rec league and requires equal play rules (infield/outfield) and total play (must play infield at least 2 innings in 5 or 3 in 6 and no more than 2 innings not fielding and all players bat).
Coaches for the Premier League will be selected by the CBA Board. All head coach candidates will be required to complete the normal background waiver forms. In addition, a brief questionnaire will be required of all head coach candidates for the Premier League. Premier League coaches will be selected at a monthly board meeting. Head coaching applicants must be present at the board meeting to answer the questionnaire and provide their list of assistant coaches. Head coaches in the Premier League must have previous CBA coaching experience. If you are interested in applying to be a head coach of a premier team, please email the premier commissioner at [email protected].
Elevated League Draft Overview:
All players registered to play in the CBA rec league are eligible to try out for the Premier League (subject to the eligibility rules below). All players who choose to attend the Premier League tryout will be evaluated and scored by three independent evaluators (You must attend the try-out process to be selected). Those evaluators will not have a player or coaching interest in the league, and will be required to have significant baseball coaching/playing experience. The CBA Premier League commissioner will select these evaluators. All three scores for the players will be compiled into a composite score for each player. The players will be ranked, from highest score to lowest score, to form a list of players eligible for the Premier League. Premier coaches will be allowed five (5) protects going into the draft.
Elevated League Eligibility Requirements:
Parents will designate, at registration, as to whether or not their child wishes to try out for the Premier League. All players wishing to play in the Premier League MUST attend the tryout, including protected players.
- Players with a valid reason for not attending the coach look may still be considered for the Premier League subject to the discretion of the Premier League Commissioner and with the consent of at least 66% of the Premier League coaches. Each case will be considered individually.
- Players in the Premier League must meet the age requirements for the 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10U divisions. No player may play "down" into the Premier League.
- Players drafted on a Premier League team will be final. No trading of players will be allowed.
- Special player consideration may be given to the following situations:
- Siblings (so long as both qualify as draft eligible on the 150% list and are selected to a team);
- Car-pooling relationships (again, so long as the children both qualify as draft eligible on the 150% list and are selected to a team).The Premier League commissioner and/or the CBA Board of Directors will consider other issues, on a case-by-case basis. Elevated League Leadership:
- CBA Commissioner and Asst. Commissioner will be in charge of formation with current CBA President or delegate.
- Premier League Commissioner will manage formation of teams/tryout/draft details.